If you read my first blog on making Mango Smoothie then you should now know that once you have learned the technique all you do is substitute the flavors and fruit blends. The smoothie blends are a healthy breakfast or delicious snack either for yourself or your kids. I originally began making them so that I could get my 7 year old son to take his Juice Plus capsules in a fun and nutritious way. I also am making the same smoothies for myself without the Juice Plus pills because I take mine in capsule form.
My Chocolate and Strawberry Smoothie
- Chocolate “Sun Warrrior” Protein Blend
- 1 banana
- handful of strawberries ( frozen or fresh)
- teaspoon of honey
- “Nativas” Raw Cacao Powder
- “Nativas” Goji powder
For my son I also open and add a capsule of Juice Plus Vineyard Blend.
What you will need to do:
- Add a heaping scoop of the chocolate protein powder.
- Next add your fruits, strawberries and banana.
- Pour a little bit of water, just enough so your blender doesn’t overheat.
- Add the honey
- Put lid on and give it a whirl, take turns with all the buttons on your blender for a little while.
- Add the rest of your liquid.
- Give it another whirl in the blender, mixing, chopping, stirring it all up. Yes… Even hit the ice crush button.
- You may have to use a spoon to scrape excess powder from wall of blender. Just move it to the middle, cover with lid and continue to mix until well blended.
- Lastly, add a teaspoon each of the Cacao powder and the Goji powder
- Mix one last time to blend thouroughly.
- I opened and added a capsule of the Vineyard Blend from Juice Plus
The “Sun Warrior” Chocolate Blend is plant-based raw protein with a synergistic propriety blend of complete protein, essential amino acids, and antioxidant. The Cacao powder is full of antioxidants, iron, and magnesium. Goji powder contains vitamin A, iron, and Vitamin C. The Juice Plus Vineyard blend is packed with a complete 9 whole food antioxidant berry blend and green tea which promote a healthy heart.